[Gpdd] MISC: Silliness - Halloween trip day 2

Carol Riley bearkat1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 23:42:26 EDT 2017

 I first must apologize for accidentally posting the first day twice. Secondly, I must thank my husband for the root cellar idea :)
A visit to Ring FarmAs anyone knows, when pigs are bored, mischievousness starts to build. The second day the pigs were to rest left them bored. Some wandered around, looking in different rooms. "Don't go in there," said  Binky, pointing a paw at a slave bedroom. "There's some kind of monster in there! Listen...." Several pigs listened and the noise was loud. "Aawwww Binky that's just slave noise. I bet Avalanche's mom is sleeping in there. They make weird noises when they sleep," Osaka said. Billy and R.B. tried to start a poker game, but no one wanted to bet their carrots. Derby and Theodore were trying to entice sows into their cozies. Some of the older pigs snoozed. "OK every pig" Avalanche clapped his paws. "Attention please!" He waited for every pig to gather. "Being that my mom is under the weather, I have decided that we will go on a little adventure. The vehicle is waiting outside for us." "Where are we going?"  "Do I need to pack extra food?"  "Does my hair look all right?" and several other questions were whispered while the pigs snuck out of the house so the slave wouldn't wake. Carter whistled, "Good job my boar, getting a limo. Are their cocktails too?"  "Maybe, maybe," was the reply.Once the pigs were all loaded in, corn "cocktails" were handed to every pig. For the boars, it was straight up, but the sows had theirs watered down with vegetable juice.  "Hmmmm....this is quite tasty. Yes quite tasty, "Marinella said. "Got a bit of a kick though," she said right before Chap let loose a very loud belch. "Oh Chap, really?"  Chap smiled a little crookedly. "Yep, sweetie pie, really.""Can I have some more please?" Alfred asked, holding out his cup.  "Not right now Alfred. If we have too much, we won't be able to have fun at Ring Farm. We'll be there in a few minutes," Avalanche said. He wouldn't tell them anything about the place they were going to, no matter how many asked.Ring Farm offered many areas for the pigs to enjoy. There was a corn maze that Rio and Chino sat in the middle of, eating corn husks. Lenny  went through the maze with Adriana and Amaris. They found several small holes where Tyrion, Magnus, Ivan, Cosmo and Casper ate through the walls of corn husks to make their own hide and seek trails. There were very large slides. Twinky, Ralphy, Bonnie McSmithers, Raani, Cookie, Eddie and Nugget climbed the stairs and looked down one slide. "That's a long way down," Twinky said.  "Here," Nugget said as he pulled a small blanket over to the group. "Let's go down riding on this. That way we won't burn our bellies sliding."  Embolded by their earlier cocktails, the all got on the blanket. "Whoo hooo!  Look at us!" Raani hollered to the pigs below. "Watch us! Watch us!"  Ralphy pushed them off and they went very, very fast down the slide. "Oh my!" Eddie said. "I don't really think I want to do that again."  "Uh yeah, me either," Bonnie McSmithers said. Twinky, Cookie, and Raani pooh-poohed the boars. "Really boars? We want to go again!" Ralphy rolled his eyes.In one area, there were several large plastic pipes that several of the younger pigs kept running in and out of for quite some time. "Youth," Pickle said to Coconut and Alvy. They all nodded wisely. Jim winked at Benny and Otto. The three boars went over to the sows and started rumblestrutting back and forth in front of the sows. The sows giggled. "Ah boars" Pickle said. Once again, the sows nodded in unison.Rodney and Hugo saw Kevin Bacon whispering to Martin and Fernando. "Whatever it is, we want in," Rodney said. "What? Nothing going on here," Martin said. "Uh huh, sure." " Well then, follow us." The five boars went away from the group of pigs playing in the different farm areas. They travelled through a small field, munching on grass as they went, until they came to a hole in the dirt. "Come on, come down and see what we found," Kevin said. Rodney and Hugo weren't sure about this, but didn't want the other boars to think they were sissies. They scampered down the hole to find a large dug out room. "This, my friends in mischief, is what the humans call a root cellar," Derby told them. "Theodore found it. Look here - apples and pears, a bit "ripe". "  "What do you mean by a bit ripe?" Hugo asked. "That means, it's fermented fruit! Taste it!" Hugo and Rodney shared a pear, and began to feel a bit bolder and a little feisty.  While the boars were eating the fruit, they heard from behind them "Ha! We caught you! Just what are you doing?" Ramona demanded. Behind her were Pakora, Salsa, and Panama. "Nothing you need to know about," Theodore said. "Hmph!" Pakora said. "You were saving all this fruit for yourselves. Not fair." She started eating an apple. "Hmm...tastes a bit like the cocktails we had on the ride over..."  After a while, Cucamonga, who was with the main group of pigs, pointed in the direction of the root cellar. "Hey, look at that!" Alaska, Beverly, Holly, Andrea, and Addison all looked up from munching corn husks they "borrowed" from the maze. Coming across the field were several pigs running, then falling, and then laughing very loud. "What is wrong with them?"  Alberta came over and snorted. "Ha, they got into some kind of mess for sure." "Are they OK?" Holly asked. "They probably will be sometime tomorrow," Alberta replied. When the root cellar rooters got back to the main group, Saoirse and Aoife gave them the evil eye. "Thanks for asking us!" Aoife said with a huff. Louis winked at Martin and Fernando, then pretended to chatter his displeasure. "You boars might be sleeping in a bit tomorrow morning, now, won't  you?" Martin and Fernando gave sheepish grins (which is hard for a pig to do) and just nodded their heads. Edvard Munch pouted because he wasn't included."Our limo is here to take us back," Avalanche announced.  "Well thasss just pigdiculous!" Derby managed to say after several attempts. "Huh?" "Issss piddle pigdiculous!" Derby said. "I wanna go back to the cellar."  "Young boar," Faith said. "You get in that limo." She nipped him on the ear. "Oooowwwweeeee! That hurt Faith. Your're a meanie sow!" Derby said as he stumbled into the limo. Faith answered him with a good teeth gnashing and chattering. When they arrived back at Avalanche's, no pig was surprised that the root cellar rooters quickly found a cozy and climbed in for a good long snooze. R.B. tried several times to wake Theodore to find out where the root cellar was, but Theodore said he didn't know any more. After several snacks, dinner, and a polite chastising from Avalanche's mom, the group settled in for some sleep.