[Gpdd] MISC: Silliness - Halloween trip day 3

Carol Riley bearkat1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 21:48:28 EDT 2017

 Day 3 - A trip into Nashville proper
While most of the pigs were up and already ate, there were a few of them who didn't want to get out of their cozies. "Oooohhhh my head," Pakora moaned. "Mine too," Rodney said. "I don't wanna leave my cozy," Panama muttered. Several pigs that had been awake started to shake the root cellar rooters out of the cozies.
"Get up! Get  up! We're going to be late! Come on!" Lulu and Mimi said together, stomping paws on the floor. "Oohhh stop that racket now will ya?"  Martin said. "Too bad! Get up!" Lulu and Mimi went Martin's cozy and started wheeking in his face. No matter how he turned in the cozy, he couldn't stop the noise. "Oh man! Give a boar a break."  Wasabi and Osaka helped Lulu and Mimi pick up the back of the cozy and dump Martin out. "I guess I'm up."
A few hours later, the group arrived at the Nashville Boot Company. "Welcome, welcome. We've been expecting y'all. We have everything y'all will need in one of our back rooms," a young man said while he held the door open. "Y'all? I don't think I ever heard that word before,"Cucamonga said. "Is that the name of a pig I haven't met yet?" Eddie and Nugget snickered a little. Kevnin Bacon frowned a little at the boars. Cosmo and Casper told Cucamonga that y'll is just you all smooshed together.
A young lady brought them to an area that had every kind of boot and cowboy/cowgirl hat anyone could imagine -  all guinea pig sized. Calypso pushed her way to the front with Alaska right behind her. "Us first please. We just HAVE to have boots and a matching hat," Calypso said. Marinella and Chap were next, getting matching boots and hats as well. "I wish mummy was here," Jim said. "Us too," agreed Rodney and Hugo. Jim whispered to the store clerk once they all selected their boots and hats. He had a very special favor to ask and the clerk smiled and told him yes. Rodney and Hugo gave Jim most of their money they brought and he handed it to the clerk, along with most of his money. "I promise we will pick out our very best pair of boots to send your mo..uh..mummy," he told them.
It took over two hours to get every pig booted and hatted properly. The sows were fussier that the boars about which boots looked best with which hats. Some of the younger boars rolled their eyes while the sows fussed, but the older boars knew it was best to let the sows be or there would be some chattering later. "Just. Be. Quiet." Bennie and Alfred said to some of the young boars. "Believe us young boars, you will not be happy if you give the sows a hard time today. You will be a wall flower tomorrow." "What's a wall flower?" Sundance asked. "It someone who no one will dance will or is to afraid to ask a pretty sow to dance. We are going to a hoe down tomorrow." "Hoe down? I didn't come here to work in a garden," Butch whispered to Sundance. Bennie told the young boars, "A hoe down is a gathering where there is lots of lively dancing." "Oh, uh, we knew that. We just wanted to make sure you knew," Butch said with a slightly reddened face. "Yeah, yeah that's right," Sundance agreed. Bennie and Alfred laughed. Guiness and Otto had come over and caught part of the conversation. "You better mind your elders, boars, them sows can get a bit cranky if they can't get their pretty things."
The next stop was The Bluebird Cafe for a special lunch. Normally, The Bluebird was not open at this time of day, but some how Avalanche's mom worked some slave magic and got them to open for the pigs. Jim, Hugo, and Rodney took many pictures to send to their slave later. There were several tables low to the ground that had vegetables and fruits on them. Pigs scurried to get to the tables, forgetting their manners, and several small squabbles happened. Once they were all in a comfortable spot munching on their food, a local musician came out and started singing for them. He had a very smooth voice and played the guitar. A few pigs started tapping their boots on the floor in time with the music. Pigs came and went to the tables for seconds, thirds, and fourths, concerned they might have to wait a long time until supper. Several of the sows had picked up pocketbooks to match their boots and hats at the Nashville Book Company earlier, and made sure  they got as much food into them as would fit.
Shopping in Nashville proper was next, although a few pigs wanted to go take a nap after stuffing themselves. There were several boutiques and stores to poke through. The sows seemed to be having more fun with this part of the visit than the boars. The boars, however, kept quiet but "oooh'd" and "aahhh'd" appropriately when the sows held up items for everyone to complimemt. After some time, several of the boars started getting figety and the sows finished their shopping tour. A quick salad bar meal at a small diner finished their afternoon.
The Grand Ole Opry was the final stop of the day. The pigs were given the back stage tour.  The pigs were shown where all the country stars dressed for their performances. They were told stories of all the people that performed there. Many pigs recognized name of humans they heard their slaves talking about at one time or another.
As there was no performance scheduled that evening, Twinky got out on the stage and stood staring out into the empty hall. "It's sooooo big," she quietly said. "I would definitely need a stool to stand on when I sing here." Because she had the opportunity, Twinky started singing "Humble and Kind." Niamh and Otto came from the back of the stage and started a slow dance. They were soon joined by Chap and Marinella, Louis and Aoife, and Binky and Raani (with Cookie pouting until Binky danced with both at the same time). Shy boars asked whichever sow was nearby, and soon several couples were dancing while Twinky continued to sing. Ralphy stood on the side watching, as he really didn't want to dance with any pig but Twinky. When Twinky finished, all pigs clapped their paws, and even the human guides behind the stage clapped. "I can't believe I really really got to sing here," Twinky whispered to Ralphy as she left the stage.
The ride home seemed long that night, so several pigs slept all the way back. Once back, sleepy pigs got into cozies for a good night's rest.