[Gpdd] health : Spikey has erratic eye movement

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 16 16:34:02 EDT 2017

Corrine and Spikey, we don't really know what might be wrong with
Spikey, but here are some thoughts. Could he possibly have an ear
infection? That might not affect his eyes, but it could be why his head
sways. Our Calliope once had a head tilt to one side, which was due to
an ear infection. Our vet prescribed Panalog cream to rub gently into
her ears, though I can't remember if she also received an antibiotic.
Fortunately she quickly recovered.

Or could Spikey have had a stroke? That might explain why one of his
hind legs sometimes drags. Again, we don't know if a stroke would affect
his eyes.

In regard to giving the Benebac an hour after giving him his
antibiotics, we've usually heard that it's good to wait two hours, so
the Benebac does not interfere with the efficacy of the antibiotic.

Of course, I'm not a vet, but these are some possibilities that came to
my mind. Hopefully others will know more.

Our best healing wheeks and wishes to Spikey.

Cindy, Eddie, and Nugget