[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Dante Wigglebottom has ringworm

Jocelyn Anderson jocelynm at umich.edu
Tue Aug 14 14:48:39 EDT 2018

Hello All,

Dante Wigglebottom went to the vet with my husband last Wednesday as he had
some nose crusties, and it turned out he sounded a little congested to
boot. He was put on Baytril. When I was giving him the medicine, I noticed
a little white mark on the outside of his ear, and then when I checked it,
it was pretty flaky. Uh oh. I checked him some more and then noticed he had
a reddish mark with a scab right behind ear. Poor piggy! Our vet is pretty
good, but according to my vet he had to be put in a piggy burrito (wrapped
in a towel) because he was being so wiggly. I'm still bummed she missed it.
I've been applying athlete's foot cream to the ear and scab spot, but I
hear ringworm is a doozy to get rid of.

Dmitri, who is in the same cage as Dante, has been itchy lately and I think
I see some bald spots as well (no scabs), so he's getting some cream too.
Hopefully this passes fairly soon!

Jocelyn, Dante Wigglebottom, Dmitri, Kiryu, and Peppers Popcornpants