[Gpdd] Misc: Checking on sick piggies

Monica Morris mmorris at buinea.com
Mon Aug 27 15:44:27 EDT 2018

Rocky, flattered to be remembered, announces that his tooth grew back
perfectly.  That is the most amazing thing.

We are still having trouble with his eye but he is off the baytril and
eye salve (again).  Although he's a good sport, he had learned how to
hold the antibiotic in his mouth and dribble it out when I wasn't
looking.  Helpful and cute - he also learned to blink his eye repeatedly
to spread the salve around so I didn't have to do it for him.  He does
not have to be coaxed to take the pain medicine but grabs the syringe
with great enthusiasm. We are watching his eye anxiously.  It still
feels a bit "harder(?)" than the good eye but he is able to close it at
present and it is not bulging.

We send healing wishes regarding Dante's ringworm, Susan's girl and
Misty the cat.  We are happy to hear that Nugget and Stuart Little are
doing fine and look forward to hearing about them.

Grace, sorry to hear that you lost 2 guinea pigs so quickly.  It is
heart breaking when that happens.  We have had difficulties finding a
new gpig here in the SFBay area from time to time, too.  It's
frustrating since there seems to be so many candidates when we are not
looking. Sometimes we have to call the shelters due to poor updating
of available adoptees.  Good luck to you in your search.

Best to all -
Monica (& Rocky)