[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Dante Wigglebottom Ringworm

Jocelyn Anderson jocelynm at umich.edu
Thu Aug 30 12:11:46 EDT 2018

Hello All,

Dante Wigglebottom is still in the midst of being treated for ringworm. He
looks good except for around his eye. He had gotten used to me dabbing
athlete's foot cream around there (he's a good piggy.) Dmitri also seems to
have it around his ears and on the top of his head, so he's being treated
as well.

One of the changes I made to the piggy arena where Dante and Dmitri live is
to replace a blanket overhang with a large pigloo. It's really big, I
believe it's made for rabbits. It's much easier to clean the pigloo daily
than wash the blanket overhang daily. Dante is a small piggy (1056g, 2.2
lbs) and he sits like a little lion at the entrance. Dmitri, who is 50%
larger than Dante (1500g, 3.3 lbs),  will sit in the pigloo when Dante's
not in it. He likes to hide in the back. There is plenty of room for both
but they like to take turns.

I had bought the piggies pigloos many years ago and they didn't like them.
Now that Dante has come around to the pigloo and seems pleased with it,
it's funny that Dmitri now likes it too!

Jocelyn, Dante Wigglebottom, Dmitri, Kiyru, and Peppers Popcornpants