[Gpdd] MISC: Avalanche's vet visit

Carol Riley bearkat1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 16:47:47 EST 2018

Hello fellow digesters,
Well, Avalanche's trip wasn't bad at all. The vet seems to think he may have a seasonal allergy as we went last year about the same time for the weepy eye issue. Some eye ointment was given. His sebaceous cyst is harmless with the suggestion if it gets larger to go back.
Here's an interesting tidbit - Avalanche, being a solo pig when I got him and a solo pig now, never learned how to really wheek...at least that's what we thought. He will make little noises at home but no begging wheeks or anything. At the vet today, he was getting his nails trimmed. When they started on the front feet, he let out some shrieking wheeks like we have never heard! My husband and I just looked at each other, astonished. It took him only 5 years to find that wheek….I think he was totally mad and that was the only way he could express it.
Whew! He's happy with hay in his cage and I am happy he's good to go. Thank you to those who sent emails on the digest and privately.
Carol and Avalanche (Mom I can talk but you just never got me that mad)