[Gpdd] HEALTH: Rocky update

Monica Morris mmorris at buinea.com
Fri Jul 27 17:13:30 EDT 2018

Greetings to all -

Rocky has been off of his medication (baytril and salve) for just over a
month. Unfortunately, he's again having some trouble closing his left
eye completely.  After vet confer, he is going back on both meds and
will continue with the meloxicam (for pain and stress).  He remains
brave and happy throughout.

Long ago I read in the digest of someone who treated their guinea pig to
a small circle of banana each day and I thought this very cute and
through the years have borrowed the ritual with varying success.  In his
turn Rocky took to the banana right away.  It is now great to have a
soft, nutritional something to feed him that has a strong flavor and to
which he is accustomed.

Best and good health to all-

Monica & Rocky