[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: a friend for Nugget!

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 31 14:51:47 EDT 2018

Nugget and I would like to announce that he has a new little brother! He
is a rescue pig and is all white with pink eyes. I know those piggies
can sometimes be difficult to adopt out, but I think they are lovely,
and our bunny, E.B. White (RIP) looked just like that.

The new little one was named Mr. Bojangles, but I am not sure if I will
keep that name. Oddly enough I know someone who adopted a rescue kitty
last year and named him Mr. Bojangles! I will wait, though, and see if
he tells me he wants to keep his name or if he has another name.

He is probably about a year old. I showed him to Nugget when we got home
(Mr. B. was still in the carrier, and Nugget was in the cage), then I
picked up Mr. B. and let them sniff each other through the bars of the
cage. Mr. B. decided to chew the bars.

Since it seemed they were happy to see each other, we let them sit in my
husband's lap, and after a bit of moving around, they settled in. (We
both had on gloves, in case anypig decided to argue.)

Last night, due to some mounting behavior, I let Mr. B. stay in the
carrier, which was facing Nugget in the cage, but this morning Mr. B.
went into the cage and decided the thing he most wanted to do was sleep.

Now Nugget is looking much more happy, and Mr. B. is learning about
cozies, PVC tubes, and so on. A couple of times I have seen them side by
side, eating hay.

I am most pleased to send this announcement!

Cindy, Nugget, and the new little one