[Gpdd] HEALTH: Nugget update

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 25 22:44:21 EDT 2018

I want to thank everyone who has sent advice and encouragement about
Nugget's illness. Fortunately he is doing much better. We gave him some
of Eddie's remaining pain medicine, as well as gas drops (infant
simethicone) on Sunday, and he began to become more active and even ran
instead of hopping. I also gave him tummy rubs, as his tummy did feel a
bit tight.

He went to the vet today (Monday), and she checked him over, including
his eyes, ears, teeth, nails and feet, legs, back, and so on. He seemed
fine and perfectly comfortable.

For now, he will continue the pain medicine and the simethicone, and we
will closely monitor him. Tonight I saw him jump across one of the
wooden tables in his cage, run through his A-frame, and come out on the
other side. He also has been eating and drinking well.

Will continue to keep everyone posted. Oh, Dee, I'm sorry for any
confusion. I do have "bunny rabbit" on my e-mail, but that is for a
bunny I used to have (he lived to be almost 12). Nugget is, however, a
guinea pig, so that is why his hopping instead of walking had concerned me.

Thanks again to all!

Cindy and Nugget