[Gpdd] HEALTH: Resubscribe and briefing about Rocky

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Mon May 28 19:41:51 EDT 2018

Monica and Rocky, we are very sorry to hear about Rocky's abscess and
eye problems. It is good that he is on an antibiotic as well as pain
medicine and the eye gel.

In terms of the Baytril, you probably already know this, but we just
want to mention that it is good to give him a probiotic, too, to replace
the good bacteria in his system. We use chewable acidophilus, and
usually our piggies will happily eat, say, a fourth a tablet.

If you give a probiotic, though, don't give it within two hours of
giving the Baytril, or it will lessen the Baytril's efficacy. We usually
give it two hours after the antibiotic.

Of course we are not vets, but the acidophilus has helped our piggies.

We are sending healing wishes and wheeks to Rocky. Please do keep us
posted on how he is doing.

Cindy, Eddie, and Nugget