[Gpdd] MISC: Halloween 2018 - the arrival

Carol Riley bearkat1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 18:07:48 EDT 2018

 "But mom why do we have to wait any longer? I bet PigAir has landed a kajillion times and you are making all my friends wait! We need to get in the car and GO RIGHT NOW!" Avalanche stomped his little front foot and pouted. "Avalanche, I will only tell you one more time ok? There are several limos waiting for all the pigs to land and as soon as they do, they will be picked up and brought here. Now, have a piece of celery."
Avalanche pouted some more, gave his mom the stink eye, and took his celery to a corner. As he was munching on his celery, he heard a small knock on the front door. "It's for me, it's for me, it's for me!" he wheeked, running down the hall. When the door was opened, Nutmeg and Stuart Little were standing outside, Stuart hiding a little bit behind Nutmeg. "Come in!" Avalanche hugged Nutmeg. "Sorry about Eddie" he whispered, "but we have something very special planned." Avalanche turned to Stuart and shook his paw.
Bella and Charlie arrived next, with a very special "guest." Chirps, tweets, wheeks and woofs were exchanged and Bella asked the boys to throw the ball. Charlie has his bell and rang it quite loudly. ""Scuse me. Good. I have a very special guest we brought along. Since Bella is larger, she can carry him." Charlie took a tablet out of Bella's pouch and turned it on. There was Rocky in his straw hat waving at them. "Hi! Sorry I couldn't make it but I really wanted to see what was going on so here I am...kinda. Please take me everywhere you go, OK?" The boys all promised.
Ralphy Lauren arrived with Gabriel, Barachiel, and Uriel. They all looked like they were up to something when the door opened and Avalanche's mom gave THEM the stink eye. "I'm watching all you little ones much closer this year...." Next, Kiwi (from the Story Piggies) ran in and hugged Nugget, who blushed. "Hey, how did you get a sow before she even arrived?" Ralphy asked. "Ask my mom," he answered.
Raani, Cookie, and Binky came in very tired. "That is a long trip but I know we are going to have fun!" Cookie said. Mr. Pumpkin Spice (SP) Beasley and Willie followed Raani and Cookie, giving them long looks. Binky rumbled at them.
The Misfits arrived next in their own limo. Lenny and Zack got out first, and helped out Old Ben and Mama Pig. Charlie brown and his sister Sweet Pea followed. Billy, Kevin Bacon, and RB gave a "what's up" nod to the boars standing in the house. Avalanche winked. Ethan and Adranaan were help out by Amaris, and Alberta, while Andrea and Addison brought up the rear of the crew. Andrea must have seen Avalanche wink and thought it was for her because she licked his ear on her way in the house.
Last to arrive were the Piggyfriends. Avalanche hugged each one as they entered and whispered, "So very sorry Otto isn't with us, but we have something special planned." Aoife and Saoirse sniffled a little, and Carter pretended to have a piece of hair tickling his eye. Niamh quietly thanked Avalanche while Mimi nodded her head at him. Machu Picchu and Kiwi were unsure of what to do, so just scooted into the Piggyfriends standing near by.
All of the fur kids took their luggage, which mostly consisted of food and brought everything in the back room. A large area was cleared with cozies, mini hay bales, pellets and water throughout. Pigs picked their spots and snuggled into cozies as the trips they had taken tired them out. Charlie had a perch and Bella had her own bed. Bella thoughtfully placed Rocky on a cozy near her.
Avalanche's mom looked in on them a few times. Once in a while, a pig would stir, but they were all pretty sleepy. After a few hours, movement started. Pigs arose looking for something to eat, drink or munch on. Bella was let out and Charlie rang his bell. Once everyone was full and awake, they were told to go out on the front porch. They saw a bus.
"Oh no....more traveling?" was heard from several mouths. "Calm down. We have to travel before the night sets in so we can start our day at our special outing first thing in the morning," Avalanche's mom told them. The animals got on the bus and found a place to sit. "Um, excuse me please but is this a long ride?" Ralphy Lauren asked. "Not really. A couple of hours. And...when we arrive, we have a special hotel room set up with cozies, and hay, and pellets, and fruits and veggies...and of course bird seed and special dog food."
That answered satisfied them all and no more grumbling was heard. When they arrived at the hotel room, the clerk told them they were in a town called Del Rio in Tennessee. "What does that mean?" PS Beasley asked. "It means of the river," Machu Picchu answered. "Oh we are NOT going swimming are we?" several pigs asked. "Oh gosh no. Why would anyone want to do that?" Avalanche answered.
The animals feasted in their room and settled in for a good night's sleep. They were told they were getting up very, very early and spending an entire day at a special place, so lights were out early.