[Gpdd] HEALTH: Possible Bladder Stone and Hysterectomy Surgery

susananddave at verizon.net susananddave at verizon.net
Wed Jan 2 14:17:27 EST 2019

Our little girl, Sugar ( rescue 3 1/2yrs?), has had  intermittent hematuria and consistent discomfortment when eliminating over the last year. Her doctor has done multiple xrays, ultrasounds, blood tests, and blood cultures. Her diet has been adjusted and several medications have been tried. Currently she is taking Lasix. Finally, the last ultrasound showed a bladder stone. She also has ovarian cysts that appear to be hormone influenced. I have read Guinea Lynx and GPDD for information.  We recently lost our other little girl, Cinnamon. I have had guinea pigs in the past who had surgery without incident and those that passed away following bladder surgery. Sugar's doctor is one of the best exotic vets in our area.  I am afraid the stone might move causing a blockage and I am afraid she won't survive surgery. Right now her doctor is trying this last attempt with diet and Lasix (it has been tried before). Any input would be appreciated. I love our little angel so much........Susan