[Gpdd] HEALTH: Seizures in Guinea pigs?

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 28 07:43:13 EDT 2019

Kay, it makes sense that piggies could indeed have seizures, though I'm
not sure if that's what is going on with Clyde. I've sometimes seen my
piggies become what I call "hypnotized" and not move for a little while.
Sometimes it might happen if a noise has startled them. I haven't seen
one become aggressive afterwards, however. I wish I could be more
helpful. Perhaps someone with more information can answer.

In regard to Clyde not seeming to sleep when he lies down, this might be
normal. It can be hard to see a guinea pig actually sleeping. Often
their eyes are still open, and they might appear to be awake.

Please do keep us posted about Clyde. We send him best wishes.

Cindy, Nugget, and Stuart Little