[Gpdd] PETER GURNEY: candlelight is traveling around the world!

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 8 23:22:18 EST 2019

By the time many of us read this, candles have already been lit for
Peter Gurney, and the light is traveling the globe. If it's not yet 8
p.m. in your time zone, you still have time to prepare!

To join the Peter Gurney Memorial, just light a candle around 8 p.m.
your time (before or after is OK, too, as we realize it is a Saturday
night).

This tribute is in memory of Peter Gurney, who advocated for guinea
pigs, wrote books about their well-being, and whose pages about their
care are still up on the Internet (for more information, check out
oginet.com/pgurney).

We've been remembering Peter Gurney in this way since his passing in
2006, and we also take this time to remember our two- and four-footed
friends who also have passed on.

(Maybe it's a fantasy, but one day we'd love to have someone on a ship
who could light a candle, so that their location might read, "Ship in
the South Atlantic," for example. Just a thought.)

But we digress. After you light your candle, we invite you to send your
location to gpdd.org (or to pg_memorial at gpdd.org if you are not a Digest
member). Please use a topic line of PETER GURNEY. Locations will be
compiled and put on the Digest homepage at gpdd.org.

We also welcome photos! Please send candlelighting photos to
pg_memorial at gpdd.org.

We ourselves look forward to brightening the night (well, our little
corner of the world) with a candle soon.

Ralphy Lauren, Nugget, and Stuart Little