[Gpdd] SUBJECT: Peter Gurney Memorial Candle Lighting

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 18 16:05:07 EDT 2019

OOPS --- I am one of those slacker Canadian members that Ralphy Lauren, Nugget and Stuart Little so diplomatically addressed in their last reminder post!
A candle was definitely lit on March 9 in Regina, Saskatchewan.  Saskatchewan winters are always extremely chilly by the standards of most of the world, but this one has been the longest and coldest one I can remember for many years.  In addition to the remembrance of all of our departed friends (furry and otherwise), our candle was an uplifting symbol of the coming spring, and the light and warmth to come.
This year the Prairie Pigs lost our majestic elder statesman, Guinness, and also our cat friend Lexie (who was almost 18 and not much bigger than the largest of the piggies).  Ordinarily the piggy room is off-limits to cats, but I would often find Lexie curled up asleep in the back corner of a piggy cage, and since she was always gentle and respectful to the piggies and they never seemed upset by her presence, she was awarded special Honorary Prairie Pig status.
Pat and the Prairie PigsRegina, Saskatchewan, Canada