[Gpdd] MISC: Halloween, the finale

Carol Riley bearkat1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 3 19:33:43 EST 2019

The Party's Over - goodbyes and one more surprise
The next morning, after the 3 hour ride from Memphis to Nashville, the group went to Avalanche's home and napped. Upon waking, they found many treats to snack on while getting ready to go home.
"But mom why not?" Avalanche asked. "That's going to be too much noise," she replied. "Well, no one around here cares when I am napping and they are making noise." "Hmm. Good point. Go ahead then." "You are the best mom ever!" "*Sigh* Only because you got what you wanted."
Josee and Lily were showing their souvenirs they bought in Memphis to some other sows. "See. We got this tiny Graceland and it lights up and everything! And look - we got a microphone too. When we get home, we are going to put it in our cage and pretend we are Elvis Pigsley and sing!" Charlie found himself a nice bell that he was going to have hung in his cage. The show pigs found new conditioners that promised "no frizz" for the dry winter months. Many others had small presents for their moms and dads.
"Excuse me. Excuse me. EXCUSE ME!" Kiwi said. "There is one more surprise.....here they are: Haymaster Cavy A and the Beat Box Boars!"  The group turned to face where Kiwi's voice was coming from and saw a small stage. On it was one guinea pig with sunglasses and a ball cap turned sideways. There were four other guinea pigs behind him dressed the same. "Ooooh it's Haymaster! I've heard him on WPIG radio!" Sugar said. The Beat Box Boars started the rhythm.
"I'm the Haymaster, Cavy A,
Here to send you on your way.
We know it's been fun, we know it's been sad
But a fun time by all was had.
Halloween is for Boo! Boo! Boo!
And we also did a little Boo hoo hoo.
All our friends were around to play
Even some of those that just went away.
I'm the Haymaster, Cavy A,
Shake, shake, shake, shake your hay."
The group all cheered and clapped. "Hey, is that Avalanche?" Marinella asked. "I think so, and I think those boars behind him are Ralphy, Martin, Tator Tot, and Mr. Beasley," Chap said. "Hey." "No hay, hay hay. Ha ha ha. Did you like it?" Martin asked. "We have been practicing after everyone went to bed," Mr. Beasley said. "Are you the real Haymaster Cavy A and the Beat Box Boars?" Bonnie McSmithers asked. "Maybe. Maybe." None of the boars would confirm or deny if they really were the musical group.
There were lots of hugs, pawshakes, and some tears when it was time for everyone to leave. Some had short flights but others had longer flights home. Suitcases were packed with any snack that could fit inside. Avalanche handed out carry bags for everyone packed with extra snacks.
"Bye. Hope we see you next year," the Misfits called as their limo arrived. "Come back, OK?" Avalanche said. "Oh there's our ride," the Piggyfriends said next. This continued until everyone was gone.
 Avalanche was very sad all his friends had left. "OK boy, everyone has gone home to their mommies and daddies. Don't look so sad. Come over here for some mommy time." Avalanche's mom picked him up, kissed his cheek (he pretended to complain), rubbed his ears, and started rubbing his back. "You know boy, you can always have some of your friends visit when it's not Halloween." "Really mom?" "Yes but tell me first, OK?" After a little more back rubbing, a little leg stretched out and he fell asleep.