[Gpdd] Rainbow bridge: Raani

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 05:02:32 EDT 2019

I am sad to let you all know Raani passed away this weekend.
She has trouble with bladder stones and a saddleback for quite some time
now.
But about a week ago she got a severe diarrhea, and lost quite some weight,
and she wasn't very heavy to start with after all those stupid stone
problems. She was going below 700grams, for me 650 grams is really a
dangerously low weight for a piggy.
With force feeding and some meds she got a bit more firm poops, or at least
it looked like poops again, they were still soft. When we took her to vet
last Thursday she had also started bleeding from behind. It seems like all
the extra meds we got then didn't make it any better. On Saturday she would
not really swallow much of the food we fed her, she passed away that night.
At least she is without pain now, she's been our little trooper for so
long...

Carol, Raani won't be able to join the Halloween party in pigson, maybe she
could still be there in ghost form? Just wanted to let you know for the
story you are writing, which we always enjoy.

Regards,
Mieke
With Cookie and boar Binky

“There are short-cuts to happiness and dancing is one of them”
Vicky Baum