[Gpdd] MISC: Sad news

Carol Riley bearkat1 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 21:38:33 EDT 2020

It is with a very heavy heart, tearful eyes, and a runny nose that I have to tell you Avalanche went to the Rainbow Bridge early this morning. My heart is broken. I was elated when I brought him back from the vet, but he decided he wasn't going to eat. I syringe fed him critical care and he would just let it fall out of his mouth. He had a 2nd trip back to the vet and they gave him fluids and critical care but weren't too hopeful. One of the vet techs was so sweet. She told me she went outside to get him some dandylions to try to get him to eat something.
So....we came home, I tried feeding him a few times, but he wouldn't take anything, and not even water towards the later part of the evening. We spent several hours just laying on the couch, cuddling. I fell asleep somewhere after 2 and he snuck off to the bridge.
Avalanche was my 10th wedding anniversary present from my husband and was about 6.5 years old. He was a terribly fussy eater but was always excited at feeding time, waving a piece of hay to get our attention. He loved his pellets.
I want to thank you all for allowing your fur and feather kids join him since 2015 on adventures and mischief making trips. I am sure he will be making special beverages with his old and new friends at the bridge.
Carol"Mom stop crying. You know I will always love you."