[Gpdd] MISC: Covid lockdown greeting

Rayna Alsberg rmalsberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 14:30:44 EDT 2020

Hello Everyone and Everypig,

When I adopted my first guinea pig, Taffy, some 20 years ago, from a
neighbor who could no longer keep her, the GPDD was an invaluable source of
good information and friendly support.

The GPDD also helped me find my second piggy, Sundae, another adoption,
that made two piggies and one human very happy.

Even though it has been several years since I've had a piggy in my life, I
enjoy the connection, and reading about the people and piggies in this
wonderful community.

I may not always comment, but I am always there with you, in joys and
sorrows.

One of the things I like best about the GPDD is the way it unites people
around the world. One of the best examples of this is the annual Peter
Gurney Memorial Candle Lighting. Again, many thanks to Audrey and Cindy,
and their loyal helpers, who organize and record this lovely event.

At this time, when so many of us are struggling with our situation at home,
or at work, or maybe have lost loved ones to the pandemic, I'm wishing
fellowship, safety, good health and comfort to all. With luck, we will make
it to better days ahead.

And I'll leave you with this thought. It's not really quarantine unless it
comes from the Quarant region of France. Otherwise, it's just sparkling
isolation.

Wheeks,

Rayna
Taffy, Sundae, Tosca, Carmen and Shakira, all in mem