[Gpdd] HEALTH: Bapka

Monica Morris mmorris at buinea.com
Tue Feb 4 08:20:48 EST 2020

Walking past the cage this past Sunday, I caught a whiff of something
awful. It was Bapka in distress: an open wound, with discharge, near one
side of his neutering site.  Cleaned him a number of times and were at
our regular vet the very next day.  Vet thinks he may be having a
reaction to the internal sutures and will contact the shelter to find
out details on this.  Wound was cleaned and I now have saline wash with
syringes to use 2x a day for 2 weeks. He is on Baytril and another
medication, the combination which will hopefully remove all infection
bacteria from his system (tests showed he has 2 types).

Both had exams and nails clipped.  It was said that Cirrus could lose a
little weight, which I knew.  He is a fast and furious eater.

Very disheartending to have my little Bapka stricken after having him
such a short time but we are keeping good hopes.  If this doesn't cure
him, the only solution would be surgical removal of the infected area,
which would be a bigger worry.  I do notice a look of relief on his face
already and he's running around and eating as if he hadn't a care in the
world.

Best regards and good health to all,
Monica, Cirrus & Bapka