[Gpdd] Metacam dose for piggies

Kaye Lehrman kaye.marie at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 14 12:09:43 EST 2020

Hello everyone I am Kaye and have a private home piggie sanctuary. Currently 17 adults and two pups. I have had guinea piggies for many years and my vets trust me to use Metacam correctly.
A safe dose is 0.3 for larger piggies,0.2 for smaller ones. One dose every 24 hours. Guinea pigs tolerate this drug very well. However my oldest vet says in long term use it may cause kidney issues.
If one of my piggies looks unhappy and sick I will give them one dose until I can get to my vet.
My YouTube channel is Kaye’s Guinea pigs. Newest videos are of my rescued mama piggie and her two babies. Check it out if you wish.
Thank you,
Kaye at the Hyde a Way Piggery in Wisconsin