[Gpdd] Health: from near death to recovery in my guinea pig

Kaye Lehrman kaye.marie at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 27 14:50:39 EST 2020

I rescued a female Abby on Sunday. She was urinating blood, hardly pooping and anorexic. I started critical care and meloxicam right away. She saw two vets and was put on Enrofloxicin. Fortunately I have a young vet who trusts me and put her on antibiotics at my request. I had taken a picture of her bloody urine. The senior exotics vet saw her today and agreed that the antibiotics had saved her. Moral of the story: take pictures and have courage to ask for what you want. Also have a willing vet to help you! Mocha will recover!