[Gpdd] MISC.: guinea pig body language

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 13 09:32:54 EDT 2020

Nugget went to the vet yesterday for a check of his teeth, and they decided to wait until next week to trim his front teeth and possibly a molar. There is still curbside service, but it worked out well, and as Nugget and I waited in the car, he happily sat in his carrier and ate hay.

I didn't take Scottie, since he isn't used to being in the carrier when we drive, but when I got home, he seemed to "test" Nugget's fur down Nugget's right side. It looked just like Scottie was eating corn on the cob! It was very gentle, and Nugget didn't mind. (Maybe Scottie smelled other human hands?)

Later, the boys were sitting nose to nose, and I saw Scottie put his head down as if he wanted Nugget to approve of him. Nugget paused a moment, then lightly rubbed his chin/neck across Scottie's head. That seemed to make everypig happy.

I have not seen this guinea pig body language. Can someone translate?

We hope everyone is well!

Cindy, Nugget, and Scottie