[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: introducing Scottie

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 16:23:43 EST 2020

We finally decided on a name for our new guy! He is black with a white stripe around him and that makes him look like a Belted Galloway cow. OK, the white stripe is more around his neck than his waist, but he still looks like a "Beltie." Since Belties originated in Scotland, we are calling him Scottie.

Scottie was born in early January, the result of a pet store selling two "girls." The couple who adopted the girls did not plan to breed and were very surprised to see four heads one night instead of two! They are very conscientious, so they took Mom and babies to the vet to be checked out and then began to look for a new home for the boy. The girl stayed with Mom, and Dad went to live with the wife's sister.

So we have the little boy, and he is growing. He is getting pellets for young guinea pigs, and he loves timothy hay. He also thinks cucumber and bell pepper are great.

Some friends sent us a guinea-pig sofa for Christmas, and it looks exactly like a sofa. Scottie uses it as a trampoline and also stretches out on it.

He also discovered Friday's bell and sometimes rings it. No piggies had used it for a long time. It is sweet to hear it ringing again! If he finds out, though, that he can "ring for service," as Friday did, I'm going to be busy!

As you might remember, he couldn't be with Nugget until Nugget finished his last round of antibiotics, but now that they are together, Nugget is eating well and moving around the cage more. Scottie is also getting less shy now that he is with his new brother.

I hope soon to have a photo of Scottie on the sofa!

Sending all good wishes and wheeks.

Cindy, Nugget, and Scottie