[Gpdd] PETER GURNEY: we send our candle light into the world!

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 8 15:40:31 EDT 2020

By the time this Digest arrives in your inbox, the annual Peter Gurney Memorial Candle Lighting will have begun, somewhere in the world!

If it's not yet 8 p.m. in your time zone today, March 9th, there's still time for you to participate. (Even if it's past 8 p.m., you are welcome to join us.) Just light a candle or candles to remember Peter Gurney and our other Digest friends who have gone on to the Rainbow Bridge. This includes human, furred, finned, and feathered friends.

Each year since 2006, when Mr. Gurney passed away, we have held this remembrance. It's a special time when lights travel the globe, from Australia to Hawaii and points in between! Mr. Gurney was an advocate for guinea pigs and contributed greatly to knowledge about them through his books, travels, and website.

This is a real event, where we usually leave our candles lit for at least an hour, until the next time zone takes up the light.

Afterwards we'll collect a list of participants' locations (no names are associated with the locations) and it will be posted at the following:

https://www.gpdd.org/index.html

You can also visit the website to see on what continents and in which countries candles were lit in previous years.

Please do let others know about this event. You don't have to have piggies or to be a member of the Digest to join us.

Thanks! We'll be lighting our candles soon.

Cindy, Nugget, and Scottie, remembering in particular Stuart Little