[Gpdd] Misc: Marinella's new friend

Luita Dean Spangler luitad at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 23 16:41:34 EDT 2020

Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that Marinella has gained a new friend through
the Germany guinea pig rescue association. His name is Ritter (it means
"knight" in German); he's five years old, a black crested neutered piggie,
is completely blind in one eye, and has a bit of a skin issue on his upper
lip. After some initial running about and squealing, they both settled
down close together for naps. Since Marinella is eight years old, we
thought a younger pig would probably have bounced all over her, and that
she needed more mature companionship.

The German name for his lip problem is "Lippengrind", or cheilitis. Has
anyone treated a guinea pig with a similar problem? One of my books seems
to indicate that it is initially caused by a vitamin deficiency, so I have
ordered rodent vitamin drops.

Stay safe, stay healthy!

Luita
Marinella and Ritter