[Gpdd] CARE: what is the correct amount of pellets?

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Fri May 1 10:13:42 EDT 2020

When we adopted Scottie in January, he was not quite four weeks old, so we fed him Oxbow's pellets for young guinea pigs (mixed in with some adult guinea-pig pellets). A couple of weeks ago, I noticed he was growing quite rapidly, so I changed to the adult pellets exclusively.

Hay is always available and I try to encourage him to eat hay instead of pellets, but he goes through his pellets quickly then runs around the cage demanding more. (Nugget has started to do the same thing.)

Could anyone tell me the recommended amount of pellets per pig per day?

Also any advice for limiting pellets without getting complaints from my pigs would be appreciated!

Thanks for your help.

Cindy, Nugget, and Scottie