[Gpdd] CARE: Pellets

Monica Morris mmorris at buinea.com
Sun May 3 13:44:15 EDT 2020

Cindy,

Your question about pellets is interesting as I also have been wondering
why my two guys are finishing nearly their entire bowl of pellets each
day.  This is much more than any of our previous gpigs consumed.
Perhaps the Oxbow recipie has changed?  In any event, I put a handful of
pellets into the dish each day filling to 3/4 of a 4" diameter bowl.  I
just measured the aforementioned handful and it comes to 1/4 cup.  A
daily serving is supposed to be 1/8 cup each, according to the Oxbow
label (which I hadn't read until today!) so it seems this is the
recommended amount.

Advice for not getting complaints!  I wish.

Today I inserted romaine leaves between the rungs of the cage with the
leaves dangling so it might be like a project for them.  They ate all of
it in about 10 minutes and were again jumping at the sound of
refrigerator door, water running, me walking, etc. etc.  Energetic at
just a bit over 6 months old.

Best to Everyone,
Monica, Cirrus & Babka (we would enjoy more pellets!)