[Gpdd] MISC.: guinea pig trust

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 5 10:16:07 EDT 2020

The other night, I felt I had an amazing moment with Nugget. It might just be my imagination, but I think it happened as I interpreted it.

I had returned the boys to their cage and had also included their frozen water bottles, since it has been so hot lately. Sometimes as the bottles begin to thaw, they make a cracking noise. It used to startle me, but now I have it cataloged. (I'm usually across the room, though.)

Nugget was eating hay from a table, and I was returning their hay trough to the cage when one of the bottles made a loud noise. I jumped, Nugget jumped, and Scottie ran off. I knew that in the next moment, Nugget would also seek shelter.

Instead, he looked at me, alarmed, but his expression said, "Is it safe, Mom?"

I told him all was well. He continued to look a bit concerned but never stopped eating his hay.

Who knows, but I felt there was a big moment of trust between us, when he looked to me for safety. I was quite honored!

We hope everyone is well.

All best,
Cindy, Nugget, and Scottie