[Gpdd] MISC.: Peter Gurney stories and weather

Judith Lainer bunsnpigs at aol.com
Thu Apr 1 13:11:55 EDT 2021

My memory is so horrible, really. But I do have a number of stories about Peter. Here’s one.

In 2000 we had the Guinea Pig Extravaganza in Alexandria, Virginia!  It was a fabulous party filled with vendors and guinea pig lovers and several guests of honor.  We had 3 special visitors from ‘across the pond’ and people came from all over the United States.  Of course Peter Gurney was our most illustrious guest and speaker. We also had the Winking Cavy Store, which sadly is no more. Our artist guest was none other than the fabulous Caroline Whittle!  It was an entire weekend of fun and shopping and endless guinea pig stories from near and far.  That was a Saturday like no other! I know some of you remember it with affection.  Peter ended up staying at my house but he had lost his luggage including his wallet! We had to go out and buy him clothes and toiletries so he could make an appearance! Lol! The most fun was having him stay up late chatting with me.  I felt so honored and in awe.  What a fun time we had.  I miss him dearly.

One day if we can look at the GPDD archives, you will find lots of emails about that time we had.

Judi Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
Educator HRS MD/DC/NoVa
Licensed Veterinary Technician