[Gpdd] MISC.: what piggies know

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 9 15:31:25 EDT 2021

A couple of weeks ago Nugget had some problems with the area around his eye. As many of you remember, his right eye had to be removed last year due to an abscess.

I saw the area "weeping" a bit and immediately got him to my vet. She cleaned the area and put him on SMZ-TMP.

Scottie has learned to accept when Nugget goes to the vet and he (Scottie) acts perfectly normal, eating well and running around their house (cage) while Nugget is gone. (During the pandemic, I usually have to drop Nugget off and pick him up later.)

Friday, however, I took Nugget back for a recheck. We are very pleased with his progress. He's regained his appetite, is taking his medicine, and loves loves his hay.

That afternoon, though, Scottie moped around, didn't eat, and kept getting in cozies and falling asleep. He seemed sad.

I realized, or this is my theory, that when Nugget was sick and went to the vet, Scottie was relieved that the vet was going to help him. But last Friday, Nugget was so much better that Scottie probably didn't understand why he had to go to the vet and was therefore upset.

Has anyone seen a behavior like this in their piggies?

Once Nugget got home, Scottie began to eat again, and on Saturday both of them seemed to be catching up with their hay and pellets!

Sending all best to all.

Cindy, Nugget, and Scottie