[Gpdd] PETER GURNEY: the day is coming up!

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 16 13:03:20 EST 2021

Yes, it's almost been a year since we celebrated Peter Gurney Memorial Day, and we'd like to invite you once again to light a candle on March 9th, his birthday.

As so many of you know, Peter Gurney promoted the care and well-being of guinea pigs through books, personal appearances, and a website. He passed away in 2006, and since then we've held a remembrance of him (and our other friends, human, furred, feathered, and finned) who have gone on to the Bridge.

It's easy to participate. Simply light a candle on March 9th at 8 p.m. in your time zone and let it remain lit for an hour, until the next time zone takes over. Candles usually begin in Australia, and the light travels around the world to Hawaii.

This is a real, not virtual, event though your candle can be virtual!

We'd love to get as much participation as possible and include as many time zones as we can. Since it's hard to get participation from time zones that mostly cross the ocean, we were wondering if anyone knows someone who's on a ship or sub who might be able to light some form of candle?

We like land, too, so please feel free to tell your friends anywhere and everywhere about the event.

Thank you!

Cindy, Audrey, Ralphy, Nugget, and Scottie