[Gpdd] MISC.: guinea pig communication

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 4 11:11:11 EST 2021

Whenever it's going to be particularly cold at night, I put towels all around the boys' cage, so they'll be protected from drafts. They always have towels over the corners, but I add towels as needed in the winter.

Sunday night, I put the last towel up, which protects them but also means they can't see into the room. After a few minutes, I heard "rummaging." I went to see what was going on, and Nugget was standing on top of his think-tank cozy and trying to climb up the cage "wall."

I realized he wanted to see out, so I removed that towel and the rummaging stopped.

I guess he was telling me they were warm enough with their cozies and preferred a good view!

We hope everyone is well.

Cindy, Nugget, and Scottie