[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Nugget is gone

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 9 13:38:40 EST 2021

Our dear, sweet Nugget passed away at about 2:17 p.m. Sunday, November 7.

He had been doing so well since his teeth were trimmed last month, and I'd even told my husband on Friday that it was so great to see Nugget eating so well, moving around so much, and looking very happy. He had been that way all week.

We had no idea anything was wrong until Saturday night when he wouldn't take his chewable Vitamin C. Later, just in case, we gave him pain medicine (half a dose, which seemed to best suit him), though I thought we were probably worrying too much.

At 6:30 a.m. Sunday, my husband woke me and said, "I think he's leaving." I was shocked and got downstairs as quickly as I could. Nugget wouldn't eat anything. We gave him his other dose of pain medicine, and he rested quietly and comfortably as we talked with him and encouraged him.

One time I cheered him on, as I always did, and he recognized what I was saying, looked up, and tried his best to bathe himself. That was very poignant and meant a lot that he knew he was loved and we were doing our best.

Around 2 he made his way to one of his sofas, lay partly in it, and again rested. We talked to him and then he was gone.

I took him to his vet's Monday morning, and he will be cremated. We will be getting a paw print. I couldn't go in but two of the people who knew him came out and talked with me, and one said our vet kissed Nugget when she saw him . Will write a tribute soon but wanted to let everyone know. We are so glad now that we celebrated his six-and-a-half year birthday.

We love you, Nugget. Safe travels.

Cindy and Scottie