[Gpdd] Misc: Checking in

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 06:06:21 EDT 2022

Hi Cindy and all other readers,

I think many of us are rather busy. I don't know how it is for you but here
many things that have been postponed due to corona are now catching up,
making it rather busy.
Of course this should not be an excuse to not write into the GPDD once in a
while ;)

We are doing fairly well here in the Netherlands. Stevie his
bloodsugar levels were back to normal at the last vet check :D really happy
about that, we mostly cut out his pellets and added herbs to their menu. It
is rather nice to see them so happy to get pellets or anxiously awaiting
the herbs I am picking out for them!
As Stevie kept, and still fluctuates, losing weight, we have found them
some pellets without grains or added sugars. Stevie really enjoys pellets,
so he eats them up well. They do not get huge amounts in order to not give
him too much (possible?) carbohydrates in a day. The girls are also
enjoying the pellets, as of course their pellets were also taken away when
Stevie couldn't have them anymore...
Speaking of my girls, I am pretty sure I already wrote that we sadly lost
our Cookie a few months away... And at the beginning of this year we saw a
piggy girl at a shelter that had the same colouring as our late Cookie, a
lovely golden blond. I hesitated if we should get her, as we might assign
her characteristics that Cookie had which this new girl might not have? I
am glad we did get her, she is gorgeous as well and somehow very different
to Cookie. She has the same colouring, but with a small white patch on her
head, and she is built differently, a bit more sturdy/broad, than our
rather petite Cookie. She must have had a good owner before she was
surrendered to the animal protection (like rspca), she is very trusting of
us, and pretty much any human. She would also come right up to our
neighbour when they fed her during our holiday. She seems to be a but hard
of hearing. Sometimes we really need to wake her up in the morning by
waving near her or even prodding her to wake up. Then she looks really
grumpy but gets up because she knows there are veggies coming.
She has a sebum bump (I hope that is the correct term in English) on her
back, hair doesn't really grow there, it hasn't changed since we got her
and it does not seem to bother her. So we are just keeping an eye on it.
She is a really sweetie and always seems to pose for pigtures.
Here are some pigtures of her, not sure you can see it on instagram, if not
let me know and I will try to make an intorduction post for her on the
undercover guinea pigs blog with pigtures, of course.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CaNBCr3gud_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
https://www.instagram.com/p/CaPlXQugC-u/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbmmWJSA96s/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ6fE4NAvkW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Hello to everyone, hope everyone is doing well!
grtz, Mieke and the guinygirlz Linn and Coco and Boar Stevie

--
"Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room"
Mary Schmich, 1997