[Gpdd] [Health] Porky's skin problem

judith sharamitaro shim1990 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 21:28:00 EST 2003

Once again I turn to the digest's trusty readers for some advice!  Porky,
one of my 2 1/2 year old girls, has come up with a bald patch and sores -
obviously she spent her day picking and scratching, as she was fine
yesterday.
After reading what Peter Gurney had to say, I'm almost positive my little
darlin' has parasites of some type.  (I inspect her coat regularly and all
looks well, but I know some parasites are too small to see.)  I can only
imagine the pests came in via shavings or hay.
My question is, what treatment would you recommend?  Peter Gurney had some
suggestions, but as he's in the U.K., I was hoping a digest reader has had
success with a product available at a chain like Petco or Petsmart that I
could get.  Thanks for your help, and keep the valient but uncomfortable
Porky Porcellous in your kind thoughts!
Thanks to those who gave advice about Corky's sudden loud shrieking!  She is
fit as a fiddle, and still squealing loudly at the drop of a carrot!  I
think she must have discovered the new note in her vocal range one day while
I was at work, and decided to include it in her repitoire.
It's comforting to have a watch-pig in the house now that the dog is deaf!
Best thoughts to all piggies and slaves who ail, love to those who have had
a friend cross the bridge.
                        Judi, Porky, and Corky (& the gang)