[Gpdd] <topic and subject required>Care How to deal with a solo pig

JODI GRIMM JODIGRIMM at msn.com
Fri Dec 5 01:43:04 EST 2003

Hello,
    I was just wondering what other people do with their piggie while they go on vacation.  We have had Gussie for about 1 year. We used to travel but now we don't go unless we can bring Gussie.  I have major guilt if I even think of leaving him.  He has the run of our apartment.  I came home from work yesterday sick and he started screaming he was so excited to see me.  So days I feel bad going to work.
    Gussie lives byhimself.  He is a 1 1/2 year old male.  He is very alpha it is his way with both of his parents.  He always gets what he wants.  We tried to get a another guinea pig over 6 mths ago.  He was terrible and tried to fight with the baby male that we got.  We ended up taking the other guinea pig back.  It was very heatbreaking.  I have read that guinea pig get lonley.  I don't want an unhappy pig.  I also won't get them in cages my pig loves his freedom.  Is he better of roaming free and solo?
Thanks,
Jodi