[Gpdd] (Health) Re: Pregnant sow w/non-pregnant

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 18:47:48 EST 2003

Michelle,
It's okay to house a pregnant sow with a non-pregnant
sow...as long as they get along okay and are not
mortal enemies, which happens occasionally. I had a
pregnant sow (Maxine) in with another sow (Teddy) and
Teddy was the good little midwife pig who helped with
the birth and cleaning the babies. She also herded
them around sometimes when mama needed a break. The
only trouble I had was, Teddy was still fairly young
herself, and sometimes she attempted to nurse from
Maxine. Other than that, Maxine and Teddy are still
cagemates and get along quite well.
-Stacy and the Squee Squad