[Gpdd] Health, Misc: Wit's end, counseling, hernia

Deb Tabert atjnp at wmis.net
Sat Dec 13 14:09:41 EST 2003

Anna...You are NOT losing your mind!  I truly believe that all our animals
will meet us at the Bridge and accompany us into heaven; it wouldn't be
heaven without them, would it??  Because it is the Bridge and Heaven whe are
talking about, there is more than enough room and they will all get along
together.  Remember also that because it IS Heaven and the Bridge, things
that might not make sense here on earth are possible!  I cannot imagine NOT
meeting all my animals that have gone on before (more than are in my
signature!).  I'd also like to think there is a plan for those animals who
were abused; they have more than earned the right to happiness in the
hereafter, so I suspect whe get to take as many of them along as whe want!
The Bridge is a wonderful waiting spot for our non-human friends while they
wait for our time to come (which I'm willing to bet seems like but a brief
moment to them!).  I hope this helps!

Julia, I'm sorry you have reached a rough patch.  I would consider
evaluating that something isn't wrong with bottles, water, feed, etc., but
then sometimes I think it is just the luck of the draw when it comes to your
pigs (this from someone who last year was in the top 15% at the vet's
office!).

Jenni...Have you thought about getting a second opinion about Beethoven?  In
humans they can use mesh to close the defect (I've got no idea if this is
possible, but it is worth asking about!).  Could a guinea pig binder help?
I suppose you could fashion one from neoprene and velcro; it sure seems
worth a try for the little guy!

Good luck to you all!

Deb, Ronnie the paper-eating Wonder Dog, and his sidekick Burton, Lewis,
Blizzard, Count Olaf and Dunkachino (the new pig on the block), and Judge,
Buddy and Cinnamon (waiting for their forever homes), remembering KB (who
left for the Bridge 8/27/03), Buttons (7/14/03), Estes (2/25/03), Sable,
Harriet, Brodie, Patches and Little Bit