[Gpdd] [condolences] & [food?]

Bob & Chris Robertson rssg at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 13 18:07:56 EST 2003

First, I want to express my sincere sorrow to all of you who are dealing
with illness of your little ones, or loss.  This is the hard part of being a
slave to these little ones.  You are in our prayers.

Next, has anyone explored the comment about cucumbers being bad for cavies?
My girls love cucumber, especially the skin.  I wonder if the concern could
be the seeds - I always remove the seeds before giving the veggie to my
girls like a disciplined slave!  Several years ago there was a carrot
scare - and the only thing I could think of at that time was the high sugar
content in carrots.  My girls are still eating them (although they are a
little on the plump side), but then there is little my two don't eat!!!!!

Finally, I told my husband I could not understand why I was so attached to
guinea pigs.  I find them so sweet, and have a hard time resisting them when
I see them in the store.  My husband feels that because they are small and
cuddly, they stay cute(even become cuter as they mature) forever.  I don't
know if that is correct, I only know that they are irresistible!  Thank
goodness for the good folks on this digest, so I know I am not alone.

Have a Merry Christmas all -

Chris, Cleo and Spookie