[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] <add your subject here>

cathy cathyak at nycap.rr.com
Sat Dec 13 19:31:28 EST 2003

Hello..i'm hoping you can help me with my question.  Before I go any further i'd like to let you know that I have brought our piggy to the vet and he's given her a clean bill of health.  My question is that I have a piggy who is a year and a half old.  We recently got a new piggy to keep her company who is a couple of months old.  They seem to get along famously!  What I have noticed in are original piggy is that since the new arrival there have some behavior changes.  One of them being that she tends to scurry around the cage when we go to pick her up.  She's never done this before.  Always enjoyed our company and very social.  I've also noticed that she's rubbing her butt on the ground and purring like a motor boat.  They are both females.  Is she in season?? If so will this eventually pass and will her behavior go back to normal?? The vet thought she may be jealous of the new piggy..What is your take?? Thanks..i'd appreciate any imput you may have..Cathy