[Gpdd] CARE: separating mummy and baby pig :(

Helen Stanford tweetypie_80 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 16:25:45 EST 2003

hi everyone :)
ok to cut a long story short....
4 months ago we had 2 piggies (Miffy and Nutkin)
3 months ago miffy died :'(
We got Nutkin a companion
3 weeks ago nutkin died :'(
2 weeks ago Nutkin's companion gave birth to just one baby piggy.
The baby piggy(Hamlet) is male :(
We will be separating them in the next 2 weeks
I was just wondering if anyone knew any advice for me on how to cope with
separating two pigs.  The mummy pig (Flossie) does not yet have another
companion after Nutkin's unexpected and very sad death so when we separate
them they will be on their own.  They hate being apart and they always wheek
for each other so i am scared for them both.  Does anyone have any
experience of neutering male guinea pigs? Hopefully we will be getting
flossie a companion soon.
Thank you everyone your help is always much valued
Helen, Flossie, Hamlet, and Miffy and Nutkin (over the bridge)