[Gpdd] RE: [BEHAVIOR] Bonding help needed

Lauren Cordeiro petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 12:54:17 EST 2003

Dana,
I have a brother and a sister pig who have been together all of their lives, but still bicker and fight (over food, or just about anything) now and then. I have found that it helps calm them both down if I pick them up and pet them. They usually fall into a piggie trance and get very calm and sleepy. When I put them down again, about 99% of the time they forget about their argument and go about their business. I'm not sure If this would be as effective for two piggies who haven't been together their whole lives. But, maybe letting them be together in a calm environment might help them get used to each other. Anyway, it sounds like they enjoy each other's company even when they are in seperate cages. (Do you put the cages next to each other?) I'd bet Buddy is glad he has a buddy, even if he sometimes gets nervous around her.
Good luck and happy holidays,
Piglet, Pooh Bear and Lauren.