[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR-nests and condolences

svtaylor1 at excite.com svtaylor1 at excite.com
Sun Nov 2 15:30:35 EST 2003

Dear Brenda,

   Sounds like fun watching your MT make nests out of paper towels. Charo used to make nests out of hay. She would burrow under the hay pile and then take one piece at a time and pull it in a circle around her until she was hidden inside a neat round sphere with all the strands lined up. She would sleep in there and then eat it from the inside out. When she got old and infirm and could not do this any more, I would make the nest for her.  Even though mine were not as perfect as those she made herself, she would nonetheless gratefully crawl inside.  Cally, on the other hand, has never made a nest and, if I make one for her, she runs right over it. I guess some piggies have an aptitude for nest-building and some just don't.

   Also, I send my condolences for your loss of your little girl pig, Mommy. Please know she is in a better place and out of pain now. I'm sure that you did all you could for her and that she knew you loved her.

   Yours, Susan and Cally in New Mexico, USA ---  Remembering Charo at the Bridge