[Gpdd] [HEALTH]sudden pig death!

DSoren2865 at aol.com DSoren2865 at aol.com
Mon Nov 10 19:59:09 EST 2003

.......my guinea pig died a few weeks ago under some very strange
circumstances.  I am hoping someone will know the cause of his death.
     We are talking about a healthy male guinea pig about 3 years old.
     One night I was feeding both guinea pigs, when I couldn't help but
notice one pig had no appetite.  This concerned me because he always had a very
good appetite at dinner time.
     The next problem was that he became kind of listless, and pointed his
head in to a corner of the cage .  I pcked him up, and he seemed very
despondant, and I hoped to call the vet the next morn, because it was about 9 pm.
     At about 11 pm, we went back into the den(he stays inside in a standard
pet cage), and found he had died!!
     This was a very sad experience, and I have been unable to find a reason.
     Any info appreciated.
                                                 Dave S
                                                 DSoren2865 at aol.com
thanks