[Gpdd] [HEALTH] UTI

Crystal Lewis crystlew33 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 18:37:18 EDT 2003

Hello Everyone,

I am sending you this in the hopes that someone can be of assistance to
me.  Or at least put my mind at ease a bit.

My little Quincy has a UTI and is currently on antibiotics.  (He had quite
a bit of red blood cells in his urine and upon that we placed him
immediately on guinea pig safe meds.)  He has been on them for 5 full days
now but there doesn't seem to be much improvement.  He does seem more
comfortable and he is still eating well and is actually drinking more
water than he normally does, but still cries pitifully when he pees.   I
have noticed though that he seems to also poo everytime he pees.  I know
this is quite normal but could there be something else wrong there?  Like
constipation?  His out put is still normal but I was thinking perhaps it
is painful for him to go.  If this is the case is there anything I could
do to help him?  Or should I just relax a bit and give the antibiotics
more time before I go into full panic mode?

Thanks for any and all help.

Crystal
Slave to Spike & Quincy
Remembering always, my angel, Tribble