[Gpdd] [HEALTH] piggy still not eating or drinking - seen vet

Margi Grant mgrant1 at san.rr.com
Wed Oct 22 04:04:30 EDT 2003

We have been taking her to the Animal and Bird Hospital in Del Mar (Dr.
Stonebreaker). They were recommended by the local regular vets for
exotics.   She was pretty woozy the day of surgery, so we mostly let her
sleep.  I started the baby food the next day.  She still takes the
Critical Care fine, and the water, she just does not initiate any
feeding or drinking.  I can now feel along her jaw and I think the
molars are again a problem (no chewing for 2 weeks!).  Her front teeth
are practically next to each other and now too long also.  Her mouth is
also starting to get that funky smell again that the vet thought might
be an infection (she finished the course of antibiotics).  What kills me
is that she was fine after surgery but now it seems impossible for her
to start eating by herself again.  I had thought I could just feed her
indefinitely, but now I see that she's getting increasingly
uncomfortable as the teeth grow....there must have been *some* time in
the last 2 weeks that she wasn't in pain, but she never ate.......

I'm so happy your little one is doing so good.  I just don't understand
why Oreo didn't snap out of it and start eating again (or at least
drink!).  I haven't even seen her *try*.

Perhaps a second opinion would help...thanks.

Margi