[Gpdd] Announcement - Sasha gives birth!

Linda Sánchez veronica.ann at verizon.net
Thu Oct 30 21:13:44 EST 2003

Hello to all pigs and people,

My gorgeous foster pig, Sasha,  had two beautiful babies this morning at
6:15. I was in the middle of my morning meditation when I heard the "meep"
that can only be a baby piglet!  I got to see the second one born and watch
little Sasha lick them clean.  Sadly, there was a third who I believe to be
the first one born, who apparently was stillborn or died during her birth..
She was fully grown, so I don't know if something happened during the birth
or right before. She was a beautiful baby, black all over and sweet as can
be. Poor little Sasha was very upset. Before I realized that one was not
living, I noticed her going over to the baby and trying to wake her up and
clean her off and then she would run away and then come right back. I
brought the little angel to the shelter today to be cremated and her ashes
spread over the animal cemetery.

Sasha seems fine. She was eating cucumbers when I left for work at 7:15. I
put a towel-covered hot water bottle in her cage in case her little female
parts are sore and she wants to sit on it.The new babies are outrageously
beautiful. One is an exact replica of her mom; the other has contrasting
colors. They are a joy to behold!