[Gpdd] Re: Health -- Protien in urine

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 12:41:09 EDT 2003

Hey Alge!
Why yes, I bought some of those urine strips on the
internet. I was supposed to take Brownie Bear to the
Vet last wheeeeek but I got so busy, so I'm taking
off this Wednesday to run some errands and to take
the Little Bear to the Vet to get her nails trimmed.
And also, I'm gonna give the Vet a urine sample
so he can analyze it and stuff. I'm also going to
ask him what causes protein levels to be higher
than normal.

Thanks for the info!!!
   Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
       Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)

Hi Leah -- Have you tried (or asked you vet about)
diabetic test strips? I had a human friend with the
same problem and I think the terms protein and albumin
were pretty much used interchangably. Don't take that
as gospel, however. Hopefully somone more
knowledgeable will respond. As I understand, sometimes
it can come and go and some times it suggests a kidney
problem. I'm giving something of a worst case scenario
here. What does you vet say?

Alge